Wednesday, November 26, 2008

have a great thanksgiving...

Honestly this is one of my favorite weeks of the year, yes I like it more than Christmas. I think I feel this way because we get to just be together and look back on the year and the goal is thankfulness. So the day before thanksgiving I thought I would make a THANKFUL list. Through the good and the bad God has been there shaping molding, guiding...here goes...
  • I am so thankful for another year with my wife! I am married to the most amazing and beautiful woman in Clarksville TN...this will be our 13th year being married and it has been amazing!
  • Kozbi and Kelyn, you are amazing little girls. I am so thankful for all the times I have got to walk in the door at night and have you run to give me a HUG, that rocks. Love you girls!
  • Friendships...God has given my wife and I some amazing relationships here in Clarksville. Some of you go to GCC some of you do not, but you guys make our life better.
  • Seeing Relevant Student Ministry make a difference in the lives of teenagers here in Clarksville.
  • Grace Community Church...I could say so much. I love that I mis church when I am gone, love the team I serve with, love that my kids love church. Thanks Grace!
  • Lilly, our Compassion International kid, our family can not wait to meet you face to face one day in Kenya!
  • Our neighborhood FAMILY - we live next to some amazing people!!!
  • Jesus...I know that sounds very churchy BUT I am thankful I am seeing the heart and mind of Christ a little more clearly. Thanks God...
  • Another year of health for our family...we have a great extended family here in Shelbyville. Love all of them so much!
  • Struggles...there have been many this past year but God has used them to make us who we are this year.
  • Hate to say this...I am thankful for the YMCA...it has been a huge blessing to my family!
  • Ok this is selfish..FOOTBALL, love my Vols even when they stink up the joint, and 10-1 Titan, it has been a fun year! Go Vols, Go Titans!
Ok enough! What are you thankful for? Take time to think back on the year this weekend. Take time to tell those around you how much you love them. Have a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great list of things to be Thankful for! I'm thankful to be connected to such a great guy and fellow Leader!

    ReplyDelete