Tuesday, June 5, 2007

update from bigstuf...

I could not help but give you my view right as I type. This is what i am looking at, this is my view, God's Creation wide open, for all to bask in. One thing that makes this camp and this flow at Bigstuf work is where we are at. I have found no other place like the beach to connect with the beauty of God's creation. There is something about looking over all that water and those waves and being in awe of God's power to do all of this, to make this earth work. To create it all but still have time and love little me. Last night and this morning Louie Giglio spoke and man God used both messages. Last night one of our girls got the cross for the first time and accepted Christ as Savior. Our adults have had so many great opportunities to sit and talk with kids. I have watched my middle school guys open a little more up each time our small group gathers at night. I have watched our kids have "fun" being here and being with each other. God has moved in our hearts and allowed our students and adults to connect. Monday night we took all our guys and took over a waffle house, last night the girls went to Sonic and ten WALMART of all places to hang out. Both times we were all out way to late but man was it fun, it was an experience, it was a little mini adventure and the kids got to share it with their adult leaders - amazing. I guess I am trying to get out the idea that being together has been the best element of thing we call camp. My prayer is that we never loose this dynamic, being together has been the goal, worshipping together, celebrating together - our adult team has just been along for the ride doing camp right beside the kids. AMAZING...MY prayer for our group is that we will just get better and allowing Jesus to be a part of our everyday average lives MORE each day. Something happens when Jesus steps in the ordinary routine of our lives - Jesus always takes it to the next level. We pray our kids would not go home trying to be someone different, we just hope they will be who God made them to be...unique, wonderful, loved by God, themselves! (just changed because they have been with Jesus)

I am missing my girls, they have been with grandparents and I ma ready to give some hugs and kisses to my girls. I have found myself simply looking at their picture on my cell phone in wonder of how could God give such incredible girls. They are so young, I know God has huge plans for them I a stoked I get to be Daddy! Chelsea once again has spent the week investing in teens, it is wild to see her go. There is something different this time, in both of our lives we know we have found a home, a place we fit, a place where we can be honest about our dreams of what church can be. That place is Grace Community - it changes how we connect, we connect knowing we belong, knowing we are in the center of God's will, we minister with an attitude of trust that our God is with us in this adventure. It is just weird to feel so at home in ministry. We go back to a church that makes sense from top to bottom. We are free from heading back in wonder of why church has to be ________ you fill in the blank because our questions changed every year. It is sweet to be in a community that is so passionate about loving God and loving people. WOW - it is wil!

No comments:

Post a Comment