Thursday, February 15, 2007

everything costs something...

8 Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next.
9 This is true, and everyone should accept it.
10 We work hard and suffer much in order that people will believe the truth, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and particularly of those who believe.
1 Tim 4:8-10 (NLT)

I have been thinking about these verses a ton lately. I learned a long time ago that anything worth having is going to take hard work. When I was in high school we had to work hard during summer to prepare for the season in the fall. Lifting the weights and running was worth winning games during football season. I spent time in college working at Food Lion. It was not much fun but I learned that if worked hard I would get a raise and I could buy more Mountain Dew or whatever. So God leads me into the ministry and guess what, once again the same principles apply. Work hard, plan hard, pray hard always help to bring God more Fame. God is into this work thing since he did create it!

For me I have been focusing on spiritual exercise with my daily time with God in prayer for many years. it has proved to be the constant refuge in the midst of hard times and change. God always has time for me, always cares to hear from me, and always has something to show me about life and living for and in Jesus Christ. The funny thing about spending time with God is that is takes work, it can be hard. There are days I do not want to spend time praying, looking at scripture, reading, meditating on God's word and His ways. I choose to spend time with God even when I do not feel like it. it is what is best for my life, it is what my heavenly father desires. I have made it a priority.

About a month ago God impressed on me that it was time to treat my physical life the same way. Five weeks later I have been working our three days a week and eating different. My diet has been nothing drastic, just eating less and eating better things, not eating dessert, not eating french fries, not getting the SUPER SIZE. It has just been common sense stuff and it has worked. I have dropped 10 pounds, feel good but I have about 10 more to go for sure. It will be another 5 weeks of staying on track and then a lifetime of choosing not to run to food when i am tired just to get a sugar fix (I will blog when down! Ha) It has been a good ride but the best thing is that I am doing it for the right reason. My goal is to honor God with how I look, with how I exercise, with how I eat. My goal is not to impress others but to see health in my physical life like I seek it in my spiritual life. They do go hand in hand. God is not in to laziness, god is not into overeating, God is not into food worship, and I now know God is for sure not into McDonald's (that stuff will kill you)

Just trying to honor God in all of life...serving others, living in community, seeking spiritual health, living in physical health. Balance I think is the word but balance comes with a price. Balance means we say no to things that will knock us out of balance and connection with the father. I have kept this thing about my eating quiet because it is not a diet I sense this is a way of life. Here is to eating lots of veggies, drinking diet Mountain Dew, and lots of chicken!

To end this and speaking of balance, I am taking Chelsea out on a date tonight. I know it will be great. It was fun spoiling my girls with Valentines gifts this week, they loved it. It is great having little girls. I did buy myself a Valentines gift, yes I did...Pearl Jam Greatest Hits 1991-2003, I highly reccomend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment