- when only 2 out of 10 kids show up for small group
- when the only thing they they remember from the service is that funny video you showed
- when small group leaders call right before you start the service to say they can't come
- when the band has to start a song over because the drummer forgot the intro
- when you have to get on to kids or teens breaking stuff in your environment
- when the breaker blows and everything electronic stops in the middle of the service you spent 10 hours this week planning
- when people want to know who is coming before they sign up for the retreat.
- when none of kids at church "take home" the the "take home tools" and none of the parents use the ones they have!
- when the weather changes and you have a small crowd at your family experience
- when "activities" (sports, dance, school, you name it) keep kids and teens from plugging in
- when small group blows up...with DRAMA
- when literally no one signs up for the event you planned
- when your worship leader on Sunday sleeps in and you have to fill in...unprepared!
Philippians 1:6 (NLT)
6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Paul's confidence and hope was in God and not in his ministry or his plan or his work. Our confidence should be placed in God and not in our efforts or circumstances. God will finish what we have started. We are a part of something bigger...the Kingdom...and it's never going to end and God will win. Don't walk away!