- How is your relationship with Jesus right now?
- How is your family life and what changes do you need to make to make it better?
- What is the most important lesson you learned this past year?
- Are you having fun doing your job here? If not what do you think needs to change in 2012?
- If you could only accomplish one thing in 2012 in your ministry area what would it be?
- How can I help you have a great 2012? (I guess this one was for my team only, ha!)
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Asking the right questions about 2011
I am blessed to work with some amazing leaders on our family ministry staff here at Grace Community Church. These guys and gals could be doing ministry anywhere and God chose to place them here on our team. This past week I had the chance to do "end of the year" meetings with 2 of our team. After both meetings I was reminded how blessed our church is to have these leaders here and I was thankful to be able to do ministry with such great friends. When it comes to end of the year reviews I think it's so important to ask the right questions. Asking the right questions helps to make sure we talk about the things in ministry that matter the most. Asking the right questions helps give staff a chance to dream and process out loud. Asking the right questions reveals that we actually value the people we are meeting with. Every year I try to change the process up but here are the questions I asked this year. Maybe asking yourself these questions will help you gain a better perspective of how 2011 went and how you want 2012 to begin. Here they are...