Monday, March 14, 2011

one relationship that matters...

I had the chance to spend last week with Ron Edmondson checking out the work of Compassion International in Ecuador. I was reminded over and over how blessed I am to serve with a guy who I call mentor and friend. My other co-pastor is Chad Rowland. Chad and I have been best friends since 2002 when we ended up on the same church staff. Ron and Chad are my bosses but God has allowed me to serve with 2 guys who help me be a better pastor, husband, and follower of Christ.

If you serve on a church staff and I cold give you one piece of advise I would tell you to fight for a healthy relationship with your senior pastor. Guard your relationship with your senior pastor. Work hard to pray for and support your senior pastor. If you can't do this then find a senior pastor that you can link arms with. When we serve on a church staff our role is to advance the mission of the church. Your senior pastor is leading that charge. Make sure you and your ministry is supporting that leader and the mission of your local church.

Thanks Ron and Chad for supporting our team here at Grace Community and allowing us to be on this journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment