- I am thankful that after 14 years of serving together in the church my wife and I have a healthy marriage and we still love serving at Grace Community Church.
- I am thankful my 2 girls (Kozbi and Kelyn) know that Dad is a pastor, love the ministry we lead, and already find ways to serve at church. They growing followers of Jesus and I am so thankful for all the small group leaders at church that partner with my family!
- I am thankful that God has surrounded me with amazing adult leaders who invest in teens every week through small group at Relevant Student Ministry.
- I am thankful to be able to do events and bring former students back in to speak, lead worship, and help with small groups. It is such an honor to see teens leave our ministry and follow Christ as adults.
- I am thankful to be able to partner with families in our city as their children grow into young adults.
- I am thankful to serve with a church that empowers and supports our family ministry team to rethink how all of this stuff is done. We are in a constant state of innovation and I love that my church encourages us to keep pushing the limits.
- I am thankful for a network of leaders across the country that are dreaming of new ways to do student and family ministry who I get to call friends. I am inspired by people who refuse to give up on the next generation.
- I am thankful to have friends in my life that are outside my ministry setting. Friends really matter.
Monday, February 27, 2012
my 1,000th post
Grace Community Church was in the middle of getting ready for a weekend retreat we call Merge. Pumped that it did land after Merge because after six years of writing I feel like God has brought me back to what started this web journal, youth ministry. Six years ago I decided to start sharing what God was doing in my life on a blog and that led to moving this blog to focus on leadership and ministry lessons that our team was experiencing. I just want to share what I am learning because over the years I have had so many leaders invest in me. After fourteen years of investing in the lives of teens I am still investing in the lives of the next generation and I know that is what God has called me to do. It's been a long journey to find peace in that calling but I am thankful to land there and excited about the next 14 years of ministry. I am thankful! Today on post 1,000 I'm going to list some things I'm thankful for. Here we go...
Posted by Michael Bayne at 12:03 PM