Friday, April 11, 2008

merge, summer, life with the girls...

This Blog thing...wow...i treat this like an online journal. as many of you know I talk a ton about my family, Jesus, church, Grace Community, and openly dream a little on here. If you read this I am sorry for the randomness of my brain. I do this for me so through the years I can look back and see how God has been stirring in my heart. I am not perfect, and do not have it all figured out so with that said, welcome to the mind of Bayne. it can be scary...

April is here...not the beginning the MIDDLE of April. Is it not crazy how fast time flies when you get older? I remember how slow I felt time went when I was in school. Some Saturdays could feel like they went on forever. Some weekends seemed like they would last forever. Now I am a dad. Wow, time just seems to fly. My oldest girl, Kozbi, is starting Kindergarten next year. Kelyn turns 2 in just a few days. Chelsea and I have been married for 12 years, that is wild! I have been back here in Clarksville for a year now. Time goes by so fast. The only thing I am sure of anymore is to live every moment for God's Glory. God made this thing called life anyway, maybe when I live each moment to the fullest, slow down and value each minute, try to live like Jesus showed us, maybe time will slow down a little. Well the Bible does say that life is like a "vapor" so time will always slip away and move fast but I just want to seize all of it I can for as long as God lets me.

We just finished an event with relevant called MERGE. The idea behind the weekend was that teens would spend a weekend together in small groups, staying in homes, led by their lifegroup leader. This was our first retreat like this with our teens at GCC...it was based around an event many of you have been a part of called Disciple Now but instead of bringing people here to lead our students our adults who have been leading our small groups all year led the groups at merge. Sure we did several large gatherings where a band and speaker led but once again God seemed to work the most in the group times. Discipleship and growth seem to explode when people work through the Bible, Faith, their life in a small setting built around relationship. Each large group session was amazing last weekend and each time we encountered truth from God's Word but growth happened when small groups met! It seems in our environment that we all make progress on our journey with Christ when we work through it with other people. It is not just my faith it is our Faith...questions can be asked...our struggles become know and we find out we are not alone. Teens need community, they need a place to belong, they need a place where it is ok to question, dream, discover truth with others. I was so stoked because it happened last weekend at Merge. What I experienced last weekend is what keep me focused. To see teens embrace Christ, embrace community, to connect is amazing. I am amazed that I get to spend my time working with families at Grace Community. It has been a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment